1. Boots should be tried on indoors on a carpeted or clean, smooth floor. Boots that have been scuffed or worn outside cannot be accepted for return.
2. Try your boots on with the thickness of socks that you plan on wearing with your boots.
3. It is much easier to pull your boots on when you are seated. You should hear a soft “PLOP” when your foot settles into the boot. Now stand.
4. The ball of your foot should be positioned at the widest part of the boot’s outsole. When you stand, the arch of your foot and the boot should match. Do your toes softly touch the leather?
5. You can determine if your boots fit across the instep by taking the leather between your thumb and index finger and rubbing your thumb across the instep. If the boots are too loose a large wrinkle will appear. A slight wrinkle means the boots fit.
6. SLIGHT heel slippage is normal. After wearing the boots a few times and flexing the outsole, most of the slippage will disappear.